ECCO recognises the importance of nurturing the Young Leaders of the future in order to ensure that these leaders will be able to run oncology departments and drive innovation for patient centric care. ECCO would like to bring together young leaders from wide‐ranging specialties. The grants will cover registration, travel and accommodation for the ECCO2017 European Cancer Congress.
As well as attending the scientific programme, recipients are specifically expected to attend the following sessions:
27 January 2017
28 January 2017
- Research Opportunities: How to Reach the Stars and Improve Your Career
- Acquiring Practical Skills: Designing projects, Effectiveness in Writing, Funding Your Research and Speaking
29 January 2017
- How to Efficiently Run a Tumour Board
30 January 2017
- The Art of Designing Clinical Trials: The Latest in Methods in Clinical Cancer Research
Criteria for Young Leader’s Fellowship Grants
These grants are open to European candidates only.
At the time of application, candidates must be within 5 years of completion of Residency/Fellowship training in any oncology related sub‐speciality.
Have a major interest in clinical research and intend to develop a career in that field.
Following documents should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A CV with publications.
- A supporting letter from head of department describing the applicant’s career path and certifying that the applicant will have “protected time” to get actively involved in clinical research.
Deadline for application is 16 October 2016.
PRINT THIS PAGE
Page last modified: